American Paradigm Schools
8101 Castor Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19152
Discovering Excellence Through Cultivating Differences
American Paradigm Schools are dedicated to equity and excellence for all learners, while celebrating the uniqueness of our communities. Our values drive our dedication to providing a world class education.
Position: Special Education Teacher
Position type: Full Time
Position location (School): All Schools
Department: Special Education Department
Reports to: Special education Director
Employment status: Exempt
Employment duration: 10 months
A Special Education Teacher develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities; Progress monitors and assesses student progress against instructional objectives and individualized goals; Holds title of IEP Case Manager to assigned students; and co-teaches with the general education teacher.
- Provides Scientific Research-Based Instruction to students with special needs in a small group setting while using data driven instruction.
- Provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities in the general education classroom by co-teaching with the general education teacher.
- Progress monitor and assess student progress against instructional objectives and individualized goals.
- Case manages assigned students and follows State mandated procedures (Producing invitations, procedural safeguards, IEP draft, NoRep, etc.) while holding annual IEP meetings and other meetings if deemed necessary.
- Communicate with parents and IEP team daily, weekly, and monthly while providing updated reports and comments on student progress.
- Document any/all communication with families in SIS.
- Attending professional developments relevant to the grade level.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with students and families
- Demonstrate active participation in Caring School Community (CSC).
- professional development relevant to grade level and/or content areas(s)
- Adherence to compliance dates, assignments (individual or departmental), and due dates.
- Active participation in CSC, PBIS, and all other school wide initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Time Management
- Education and training
- Social Perceptiveness
- Learning Strategies.
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Written Expression/Comprehension
- Data analysis
- Special Education Data Management Systems
- Google Suites/Microsoft Office
- Basic office equipment
- Video Conferencing
Education and certifications
- Bachelor Degree
- PA Teaching Certification
- Lifting 20-25 Lbs.
- Moving Up and Down from a seated position
- Restraining students (training required)
- Walking up and down stairs
American Paradigm Schools are Caring School Communities.
Relationships are the foundation of classroom and school life and underpin teaching, learning, and prosocial development. Building relationships and fostering students' sense of community are a critical part of our work at APS and as such, we have partnered with the Collaborative Classroom to implement the Caring School Community Model in all of our schools.
Caring School Community model builds positive classroom and schoolwide communities while developing students' social and emotional learning (SEL) skills and competencies. It is designed to help students become caring, responsible members of their school communities and, ultimately, to grow into humane, principled, and skilled citizens of a democratic society. The lessons in the program help faculty and staff create a warm, safe, and disciplined school environment where all community members can develop the skills and dispositions they need to interact constructively with others.
All employees at American Paradigm Schools are expected to be true champions of the Caring School Community Program.
- Apply Now
with our quick 3 minute Application!
- * Fields Are RequiredWhat is your full name?First NameHow can we contact you?EmailPhone NumberNumber Type Home Cell WorkEmail Text MessageWhat is your preferred method of communication?Please indicate if you agree to isolved Hire's Applicant Communication Policy. Yes, I agree to be contacted by text messages No, I do not agree to receive text messagesI agree to isolved Hire's Applicant Information Use Policy.*Apply for this PositionApply for this Position
- Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page