American Paradigm Schools
8101 Castor Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19152
Discovering Excellence Through Cultivating Differences
American Paradigm Schools are dedicated to equity and excellence for all learners, while celebrating the uniqueness of our communities. Our values drive our dedication to providing a world class education.
Position: Elementary Teacher
Position type: Full Time
Position location (School): All Schools
Reports to: Principal
Employment status: Exempt
Employment duration: 10 Months
The teacher is responsible for creating resources for our curriculum and aligning our curriculum with the PSSA Assessment Anchors. A teacher also works as part of a grade level team to coordinate school wide efforts in order to meet the goals of the school in service to the scholars.
- Make a scope and sequence that aligns with the PSSA Assessment Anchors
- Create weekly lesson plans aligned to state standards and current curriculum in coordination with APS
- Grade and provide timely feedback to students
- Communicate with team about school-wide and grade expectations
- Communicate with families about their child's progress
- Coordination with ESL teacher
- Coordination with special education teacher
- Building and maintaining positive relations with students.
- Attend after school hour events as needed
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the students
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer and Personal Service
Education and Training
Computers and Electronics
Public Safety and Security
Sociology and Anthropology
Complex Problem Solving
Judgment and Decision Making
- Systems Analysis and evaluation
- Google Suite for Education
- Student Information System
- Student Intervention Programs
- Document Camera
- Projector, laptop, copier
Education and certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- PA Certification
- Lifting 20-25 Lbs.
- Moving Up and Down from a seated position
- Walking up and down stairs
American Paradigm Schools are Caring School Communities.
Relationships are the foundation of classroom and school life and underpin teaching, learning, and prosocial development. Building relationships and fostering students' sense of community are a critical part of our work at APS and as such, we have partnered with the Collaborative Classroom to implement the Caring School Community Model in all of our schools.
Caring School Community model builds positive classroom and schoolwide communities while developing students' social and emotional learning (SEL) skills and competencies. It is designed to help students become caring, responsible members of their school communities and, ultimately, to grow into humane, principled, and skilled citizens of a democratic society. The lessons in the program help faculty and staff create a warm, safe, and disciplined school environment where all community members can develop the skills and dispositions they need to interact constructively with others.
All employees at American Paradigm Schools are expected to be true champions of the Caring School Community Program