Please apply to the position at: https://smrtr.io/5YhYW
As a KIPP Texas Public Schools Teacher, your core responsibilities include:
Instructional Delivery and Assessment:
- Develop year-long Texas State standards-based unit plans and lesson plans that meet all students’ learning needs.
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to promote all students’ academic performance.
- Embrace and incorporate feedback in the spirit of constant improvement.
Academic and Cultural Support:
- Collaborate with content and grade-level teams to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Attend critical school events such as staff meetings, open houses, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Develop individualized learning plans for students and communicate these plans to families in parent meetings and conferences.
- Meet professional obligations including timeliness and consistency in meeting deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with required certification for subject and level assigned*
- Demonstrated knowledge of core subject area assigned
- Satisfactory outcome of a background check. Employees are responsible for a non-refundable fingerprinting fee (approximately $50.00).
Applicants currently pursuing certification may apply before certification is received. All certifications must be acquired and on file with KIPP Texas before the end of the first year of employment. For more information about obtaining certification click here.
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Texas mission, students, families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with students in educationally underserved communities
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students