Please apply directly to the position using this link: https://smrtr.io/5YMxP
Substitute Teachers are part-time, as-needed workers and are paid a daily rate of $120/day, with the potential to earn more while serving in long-term positions.
Please Note: Substitute Teachers are hired on a rolling and as-needed basis, your application may remain in our pool for an extended time period based on demand-based needs
Substitute teachers help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- Reviews the plans and schedule to be followed during the teaching day with the school leader or designated teacher
- Teaches the lessons prepared by the absent teacher
- Reports in writing, on the form provided, the day’s activities at the conclusion of each day and provides other feedback as requested by the school leader
- Follows all district policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates
- Consults, as appropriate, with the school leader before initiating any lesson or other procedure not specified in the teacher’s plans
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classrooms to which he/she is assigned
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and at other times during the school day as requested
- Maintains appropriate student behavior at all times throughout the school day for assigned students
- Keeps informed about current educational trends and new methods in education
- Utilizes the practices and procedures in the Substitute Teachers’ Handbook distributed annually by KIPP Texas Public Schools
- Maintains good relations with the faculty and staff of the district
- Treats information about students and staff with the utmost confidence
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, curriculum content, and classroom management.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Experience collaborating with team members and providing constructive and instructive feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
Compensation and Benefits:
Substitute teachers are classified as part-time and work on an as-needed basis. Your hours will be varied, depending on the needs of the schools and your personal availability.