Who We Seek:
We seek teachers and staff who are interested in developing students into outstanding human beings in their academic and personal lives by role modeling our culture of Rigor and Love. Work collaboratively with their teammates and seek feedback, coaching, and mentorship from their admin team and school community. Implement our data-driven curriculum with the tools they’ve gained from experience while they adapt to the needs of their students.
If you are mission-driven, humble in your reflections about your practice, smart in the ways you approach data and are results-oriented, we’d love to see you apply.
During the 2021-2022 school year, RMP is driving after five big goals:
1. Kindergarten through second-grade students will grow, on average, 1.5 years in math and reading.
2. Students receiving interventions will, on average, grow 2 years in reading.
3. Third- through fifth-grade students taking CMAS will score an average of 45% on track for the next grade level with 10% scoring exceeding expectations.
4. Average Daily Attendance at each RMP school will be at least 96%.
5. At least 90% of students who start at RMP, stay at RMP. (We call this the Persistence Goal.)
Each member of the organization plays a part in achieving these goals. As a Substitute Teacher, you will be held accountable for supporting some of these goals.
Through teamwork, collaboration, and feedback, substitute teachers at RMP provide students with a culturally competent classroom setting, targeted academic support, and consistency to help propel that leads to outstanding academic growth while maintaining an average daily attendance and driving student retention. RMP provides teachers with an effective curriculum, which they’re able to implement with the unique tools they’ve gained throughout their careers.
In this role, you will:
- Use our high-quality curriculum and data systems to drive outstanding scholar growth and proficiency while proactively collecting data on student performance
- Consistently collect, enter, and analyze academic data to provide targeted instruction and interventions that promote a culture of learning
- Build a strong classroom culture where scholars can learn, grow and thrive through predictable routines, structures, proactive and restorative practices
- Cultivate a strong, healthy working environment for co-workers that is focused on kids-first
- Work collaboratively and communicate regularly with teammates, parents, and administrators
- Work collaboratively with Special Education teachers and other school support staff to ensure all students are receiving grade-level appropriate content and academic support
- Regularly attend professional development sessions meant to provide direct feedback and coaching to help grow you in your instructional practice
- Thoroughly plan, prep, and internalize lessons to maximize class time and student learning
- Model our PEAK values of Perseverance, Excellence, Adventure, and KindnessDemonstrate a hungry, humble, smart, and results-oriented mindset and a “by any means necessary” spirit when it comes to driving our big five goals
- Assist with arrival and dismissal duties, and other school community tasks
- Perform other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree (any subject)
- Must possess at least one or more of the following:
- 1-Year Substitute Authorization
- 3- Year Substitute Authorization
- 5- Year Substitute Authorization
- Current Colorado teaching license with elementary education endorsement
- Passing scores on the elementary PRAXIS test
- An official transcript demonstrating a degree (graduate or undergraduate) in elementary education
- 36 credit hours in elementary education coursework
- Pass a background check
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
- Note: You will be required to complete CDE READ Act training and/or CDE Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) 45 contact hours upon hire unless you have documentation proving you’ve completed them.
- Minimum two years of lead teaching experience. (We define lead teachers as the primary teacher in the classroom who was responsible for all academic content.)
- Experience with progress monitoring, data collection, and analysis
- This is a full-time position with a salary range of $47,250 - $64,750 depending on experience. (Years count as full years spent lead teaching in American public K-12 schools and public Pre-K programs.)
- This position also comes with a $1,000 lump-sum signing bonus on your first check; AND a $1,000 hard-to-fill staffing stipend which will be paid out in equal installments
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance (RMP covers short-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee. Staff members can also select optional long-term coverage.)
- Life Insurance (optional up to $100k - additional options through PERA
- )Retirement (PERA 401k - RMP does not match contributions at this time)
- Paid-Time-Off (Personal/Sick leave)
- $500 wellness benefit
Want more information?
Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Rocky Mountain Prep does not sponsor visas at this time.
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The City & County of Denver recently issued a vaccine mandate for public employees. This mandate applies to charter schools. Please be aware that all Rocky Mountain Prep staff members are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination. There is a process for requesting an exemption to this mandate but we cannot guarantee that a request for exemption will be approved.
If you have any questions, please email our Talent Recruiter Sean Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in Rocky Mountain Prep and look forward to getting to know you!