HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
We are seeking tutors to provide structured academic support and guidance to our students throughout the school year. The primary role of the Tutor is to help ensure that students meet or exceed grade level standards and expectations within a given subject area. Tutors must be able to motivate and maintain the interest of the students while setting a positive example in all areas, including timeliness, attendance, and professionalism. Additionally, Tutors must take a sincere, active, and appropriate interest in the well-being of all students.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups with students to provide them with academic intervention
- Partner with Academic Support Team to develop and implement instructional strategies
- Regularly provide and/or exchange student information with program staff, as appropriate
- Document all tutoring sessions in the Tutor Log, detailing student interactions, achievements, and any potential concerns
- Periodically administer assessments and collaborate with staff to analyze scores
- Perform other duties assigned
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required
- Teaching certification preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to create basic lesson plans preferred
- Familiarity with Common Core Standards is a huge plus
- Must be available to work flexible hours and Saturday availability preferred.
The pay is $35 - $55 an hour, depending on experience and education.
$40 Masters (not in education) or not certified
$50 Masters & certification in progress
$55 Certified Teachers with Masters
To be considered, interested applicants must apply online or submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)