WHIN Music Community Charter School staff actively contributes to creating a school
environment where all students are valued, supported, and challenged academically. They strive
to create a scholastic environment that nurtures as it challenges, works purposely and in
partnership with scholars and families to lay the foundation of a life-long learning process
which enables students to master the academic rigors of college, meet the challenges and
opportunities of 21st century employment, and be empowered agents of social change.
To provide our diverse student population with rigorous academic instruction, intensive music
education and a positive learning environment so that every student can thrive academically
• that all children deserve a high quality education, with access to academic rigor, music
creation, and a holistic approach to developing character.
• that a collaboration with families ensures the greatest success for our learners.
• that restorative justice, inquiry-based hands on learning, and authentic learning
experiences provide the most effective environments for growth, success, and joy.
We are looking for teachers who are...
• looking to grow and prosper in a collaborative work environment, including in co-taught
• excited about teaching in a school and neighborhood where diversity is central.
• highly qualified and certified teachers excited to make a difference in students’ lives
We support teachers by...
• coaching and professional growth to deepen instructional practices.
• peer-to-peer observations, feedback, and support as well as ongoing professional
• having two teachers co-teaching to ensure all learners’ needs are met and teachers can
work collaboratively to be at their best.
In action, our mission looks like caring deeply about all aspects of our young learners’ potential.
We make academics a priority while also ensuring students’ character and personal growth.
With music at our core, students experience working together to create something bigger than
their individual skills every single day, and this approach extends to our classrooms where
project-based, hands on learning cultivates curious, creative, and hardworking learners.
WHIN is currently seeking high performing elementary teachers who are ready to help grow a
unique school community where compassion, kindness, and curiosity drive each and every day.
Specifically, Middle School ELA Teachers at WHIN are responsible for:
• Creating and maintaining a fun, engaging, and inclusive classroom culture where all
students love to learn Fully planning, preparing for and differentiating objective-driven lessons and
assessments to meet learners’ needs and accurately assess mastery.
• Establish and communicate measurable lesson objectives and evaluate student success
of mastering objectives.
• Driving academic outcomes for all students by analyzing data, differentiating instruction,
and supporting each learner’s unique needs
• Collaborating with colleagues to implement an effective integrated co-teaching model to
serve all students in an inclusive classroom
• Design and plan classroom routines, procedures, and other Responsive Classroom
practices (Morning Meeting) per the First Six Weeks of School to maximize instructional
time and build community.
• Inspiring students and fellow staff to perform at his or her highest potential
• Developing and maintaining strong and professional relationships with WHIN families
Qualifications for the Middle School ELA Teacher positions are:
• NYS or equivalent Teaching Certification
• Experience teaching 5th -8th grade
• Demonstrated success raising achievement levels of all students
• An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at a high level
• Proven commitment and success working with students and families
• The ability to thrive in a startup environment
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting school
• A sense of humor and kindness towards your colleagues
Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Music performance
• Early Childhood teaching experience and/or certifications
• Project Based Learning and Inquiry Based Learning
• Responsive Classroom, Love & Logic Student Management, and Restorative Justice
Compensation and Benefits: WHIN Music Community Charter School offers a highly
competitive salary and robust benefits as well as a fun and professional working environment
with ongoing professional development opportunities.
EEO Policy: WHIN Music Community Charter School is an equal rights and opportunity agency
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion,
ancestry, marital status, or any other legally protected classification in its activities, educational
programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, IX, and Section 504.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org