Kindergarten - 4th
- Teaching a rigorous academic curriculum aligned with New York State standards.
- Teaching students in a high-quality, exciting way.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
- Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues.
- Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance.
- Modeling a “whatever it takes” spirit to ensure that each student is successful.
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- At least two years of teaching experience strongly preferred.
- New York State teacher certification in the appropriate content area.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family.
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of students from the communities KIPP NYC serves.