Storefront Academy seeks to provide children of varied academic strengths with quality educational opportunities. Preparing them academically, socially, and emotionally to become critical thinkers,high-achieving students, and well-rounded individuals. Storefront Academy selects educators who are passionate about improving student learning and outcomes. We are seeking School counselors for the 2022-2023 school year, who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
School Counselor Job Description:
The School Counselor will work collaboratively with school leadership, students, parents, teachers, and school support staff to help our students achieve the highest degree of academic, emotional, and behavioral success.
Your job is to hold all students to high expectations, support the needs of a diverse student population, and determine appropriate strategies and interventions that will allow students to academically excel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as a leader in the school while building strong relationships with students and their families to support scholars’ academic success
- Providing high-quality counseling sessions for scholars with IEPs and at-risk scholars;
- Creating, implementing, and tracking behavior intervention plans for students with behavioral needs;
- Leading crisis management for scholars in need of this support; and
- Engage in the school-based support team to ensure student progress through the right supports and interventions.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Hold a valid NY State School Counselor’s certification;
- Have experience with a variety of psycho-educational and behavioral assessment tools
- Have a background in counseling and crisis management
- Are a person of high moral character
- Are passionate about learning
- Spanish speaking a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world.