Starting in July of 2021, KIPP ENC and KIPP Charlotte merged to become KIPP NC, a network of eight high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools providing an academically rigorous and joyous school experience to more than 3,500 students in grades K-12 in Charlotte, Durham, Gaston, and Halifax. Additionally, KIPP NC will support several thousand alumni on their journey to and through high school, college, and career.
KIPP NC will build on a rich tradition of academic excellence and relentless fight for social justice present from the founding of both KIPP ENC and KIPP Charlotte.
KIPP North Carolina will build upon the successes and experiences of KIPP ENC and KIPP Charlotte to provide inclusive school environments and an educational program that will enable our students to lead full lives and equip graduates to be future leaders and agents of change in North Carolina and beyond. KIPP NC also will continue to engage in direct, anti-racist work, and it will contribute meaningfully to the dismantling of structures of inequality within our organization, schools, and classrooms. All of this will be in a tireless effort to create classrooms that are homeplaces for our students, places where they feel safe, loved, validated, seen, and heard, places where all their beautiful identities will be affirmed and celebrated, and places where they will learn the academic knowledge and skills needed for college, career, and beyond.
- 2 years of full-time teaching experience
- Active North Carolina teaching license (or ability to attain reciprocity with NC)
- A deep commitment to anti-racism and social justice, and the ambition to prove the possible
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with little to no premiums for individuals, spouses, dependents, or families
- Optional 403b with employer match
- Generous time off with 26 days each year between PTO, holidays, and teacher work days