St. Albans School

Washington DC
Info
https://www.stalbansschool.org
4th - 12th
  • Washington DC
  • Overview

    From the top of Mount St. Alban, St. Albans School looks up to the Washington National Cathedral and out to the United States Capitol. Our location serves as an embodiment and constant reminder of the School’s motto: Pro Ecclesia et Pro Patria, for Church and Country. The School was established in 1909 by the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation. Our mission is to prepare boys in grades 4 through 12 to develop and use their spiritual, intellectual, artistic, and physical gifts not for themselves alone, but in service of the greater community. As an Episcopal school, we welcome and embrace boys of all faiths and backgrounds to this caring community that learns, prays, plays, sings, and eats together. We are committed to a diversity among students, faculty, and staff that shapes and enriches our shared experiences.

    An ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who has expertise in his/her field as well as a strong desire to be an active member of a vibrant community. Important personal qualities include:

    Commitment to St. Albans School’s values;

    Good character, kindness, and an open heart and mind;

    Integrity and honesty, with the highest ethical standards to choose the hard right over the easy wrong;

    Personally accountable; assumes ownership, control and accountability for all areas of responsibility and commitments made to others;

    Accessible and responsive; serves others through collaborative problem-solving and openness to new ideas;

    Passionate, collaborative, strategic, and smart with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves orientation;

    Strong team player with high EQ, making it a key priority to develop strong relationships with faculty and staff at all levels at the School;

    Invests the time to be a visible, engaged and engaging presence on campus;

    Ability to establish trust and credibility;

    Flexible and receptive to change;

    A positive “can-do” attitude.

    All faculty have access to the following:

    1) Participation in a 403 (b) defined contribution plan provided through TIAA-CREF (school contributes 7% of eligible contribution and employee is required to make a pre-tax contribution of 5%). Eligibility begins with hiring and enrollment is required after 3 full years of service.

    2) Parking on the Cathedral Close grounds

    3) Lunch

    4) St. Albans pays 60% of the cost of the medical premiums offered through the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation of which St. Albans is a part. The employee pays the remaining 40%. Employees have access fo medical, dental and vision care insurance benefits.

    5) Disability insurance

    6) Life and accidental death insurance

    7) Additional benefits information available upon request

    Our Faculty
    0 %
    0 %
    Info
    https://www.stalbansschool.org
    4th - 12th
  • Washington DC
  • Our Students
    0 %
    0 %
    0 %
    0 %
    Our Faculty
    0 %
    0 %