Achievers Early College Prep Charter School (AECP) is New Jersey’s first public charter school for students in grades 6-12 that focused on a STEAM early college education.
AECP wants to make it possible for students in Trenton to earn, at no or low cost:
1) A High school diploma
2) Up to 60 transferable college credits
3) An associate’s degree
4) Workplace learning, credentials and internships
We're the only school in the state offering STEAM curriculum, early college pathways, and a STEAM lab!
1) Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Achievers Early College Prep's mission
2) Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, takes initiative)
3) Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
4) Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on intervention, literacy, and learning as a means to dramatically increasing student achievement develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
5) Exhibits a laser-focus on rigorous instruction by emphasizing student engagement with complex texts, critical thinking, and comprehensive literary analysis
6) Strong skill in analyzing student work and student data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
7) Unwavering commitment to feedback, improvement, and notion of “I’M ALL IN!”
8) Belief in and alignment with Achievers core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable!
9) Culturally aware, culturally sensitive, and asset-based thinking a MUST!
*** PTO/Sick Time
*** Pension option
*** 403(b) plan option
*** Free on campus parking
*** Free on campus COVID-19 testing