Education is not one-size-fits-all.
DIVERSITY. EMPATHY. EXPLORATION.
LEADPrep creates a dynamic space where education is engaging, not one-size-fits-all, for all learners to be seen, heard, valued, and thriving. LEADPrep is an innovative middle/high micro-school where teens thrive in our collaborative, experiential, and learner-centered environment.
We are learner centered: personalized student learning with purpose: now and for what’s next.
We are experiential: cohesive, student-directed curriculum for discovery, passion and purpose.
We are accountable: empowered students developing agency to drive their own learning.
We are demonstrated: voice and choice in assessing and showcasing interest to mastery.
Getting the right “fit” is our top priority. Our model allows for diverse learners, including gifted or learning challenged, to thrive.
Our intentionally diverse, multi-age student population celebrates differences and provides a safe community of voice and choice in exploring real-world concepts, while pushing for self-growth and accountability.
Our Experiential and Interdisciplinary Approach
IMPROVED LEARNING BY DOING
Students learn better by seeing, doing and making connections. At LEADPrep we combine subject blocks to allow for natural connections between ideas and concepts across different disciplinary boundaries. Our students actively engage in problem solving, with an emphasis on social justice. In both group projects and individually, students grapple with finding solutions to real-world issues for meaningful learning. We dedicate Wednesdays and three full weeks to experiential outings and “service learning” such as building schools in Nicaragua, cooking and serving at a homeless teen shelter, planting trees, and much more.
Learn more about our two locations in downtown Kirkland and north Seattle at: https://lead-prep.org/
Our educators are a special breed. We engage learners with cohesive, hands-on curriculum. We see this as the best path to building problem-solvers.
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Believe in strength-based (as opposed to deficit-focused) learning
- Want the learners to do the designing, thinking, and creating within a unit theme
- Can guide, encourage learner agency, and address the whole student
- Promote opportunities for life lessons and life skills beyond textbooks
- Value collegiality and co-teaching with your peers
- Know that learning happens everywhere and want to participate in weekly experiential learning days
- Like taking weeks (three at LEADPrep) to deep dive in camping, passions, or service
- Are tired of teaching to public school mandated tests, assigned texts, and other red tape
- Place student wellbeing over the day’s lesson
- Are collaborative and engaging
- Can see yourself thriving in a dynamic, personalized model that includes project-based and interdisciplinary learning with co-teaching support
Must have a bachelor’s degree and two year’s experience teaching adolescents, or equivalent. Must be fully vaccinated / boosted against COVID-19.
If you are interested in a position with us, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Full time benefits include: health insurance, vision, dental and 401k.