Pharos Academy is a K-12 charter school serving the South Bronx. Our goal is to equip every scholar with the skills and mindset to make a positive impact on their communities and the world. Our mission is to develop scholars who communicate well, are intellectually curious, and solve problems using different approaches.
Since 2015, we have outpaced our local school district, Community District 12, in state exams and graduation rates; we continue to raise the bar each year!
Pharos Academy Charter School is looking for a teacher who is an “uber” kid person. The ideal candidate absolutely loves to teach, train, and push students both academically as well as behaviorally. There is an understanding that messing up and failure is a natural and welcomed part of the learning process. In this teacher’s classroom, all students are treated with dignity at all times and students are taught non-academic skills like hard work, collaboration, kindness, and implementing feedback.
In addition to being a kid person, the ideal candidate has a penchant for planning, preparation, using data, and being pushed to excellence. This teacher understands that what happens before students enter the classroom (intellectual preparation) drives what happens in the classroom and ultimately determines student achievement and success levels.
1. Super competitive salary that is based on performance driving student outcomes. Starting salary for new teachers begins at $70,000.
2. Performance bonuses ($7500 – $15,000) for high-performing teachers who meet or exceed instructional goals.
401k plan with employer matching of 5 percent.
3. Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and optional Life Insurance
4. All staff members are issued a laptop computer and have access to a wide range of instructional technology.
5. Teachers are reimbursed up to $250 for classroom expenditures.
6. Weekly one-on-one coaching, along with school-wide professional development.