MathAltitude School of Mathematics, in its 10th year, is the only after-school and weekend math enrichment program offering comprehensive mathematical education for preschool to high school age students in Worcester. The program was designed to augment existing math curricula in local public and private schools and to provide additional means for parents to extend their children’s horizons. The MathAltitude curricula were created based on the most effective Russian and European teaching methodologies that allow learning mathematics in a systematic, structured, and logical way.
Whether a child needs extra help or math enrichment, our classroom setting and group-lesson structure create an environment that encourages students to delve into the theory of each topic they study so that they come away with a thorough understanding of both the conceptual and practical aspects of the material. This innovative method inspires a lively exchange of ideas for solving difficult problems and friendly competition among students of similar age and ability.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Math, Science or a related field of study and/or Master's Degree in Education (preferred) (Students who are in the process of completing their graduate degree are encouraged to apply.)
• A passion for working with children and a desire to help children improve their math skills and ability to ignite an interest and appreciation for mathematics.
• Able to teach students on different levels and age groups.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exposure to or experience in other than U.S. models of Math Education preferred but not required.
• Familiarity with Math Competitions preferred but not required.
• Desire for professional development and training
• Previous teaching experience preferred but not required.
Benefits of Working for MathAltitude School of Mathematics
• Supportive academic environment
• Small class sizes
• Curriculum and teaching materials provided
• Flexible hours
• Part-time with the potential for full-time
• Competitive salary with room for growth
• Company-sponsored pension plan
• Teaching license not required