PS 134 is a small Title I school in the Lower East Side with a long-standing dedicated staff.
PS 134 is a barrier-free school that serves grades 3K to 5. We are committed to developing a community of learners who are socially responsible, have strong foundational knowledge, and are critical thinkers and problem solvers. We strive to create a school culture that is collaborative and joyful. School staff attend to students' academic and socio-emotional needs.
The school offers two different free after school programs as well as a school-based mental health clinic.
We are looking for teachers who:
- engage in purposeful planning, based around ongoing student assessment
- understand the content, concepts, and skills around the subjects and grades that they are teaching
- can differentiate instruction for a variety of children, including special needs and ENL students
- are experienced in the workshop model of teaching (I Do, We Do, You Do)
- are capable and vested in working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- collaborates with colleagues and communicates clearly
- accept constructive feedback and reflect on their teaching