The Seven Hills school is warm, respectful, and collaborative workplace, committed to preparing bright, eager young people for meaningful and fulfilling lives. Regardless of one’s role at the school, the work we do is challenging, stimulating, and ennobling, and never, never dull.
In accordance with our mission and values, Seven Hills is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Talented, committed students, eager to learn and grow.
- Small classes and pupil loads.
- Ample time to get to know students and to work closely with them.
- Supportive, respectful families who value the work we do.
- Warm, welcoming, collaborative colleagues.
- A friendly, affirming workplace, filled with laughter and good humor.
- Respectful, supportive school leaders who value creativity and initiative.
- A growth-oriented culture, committed to continuous growth and development.
- Freedom to experiment and innovate.
- Bright, open campuses, with state-of-the art facilities and equipment.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Though teachers with a wide variety of styles and approaches can excel at Seven Hills, in general, here are the qualities we seek in applicants for teaching positions.
- Teaching Excellence: Seven Hills teachers are highly competent in their subject area, have a clear teaching philosophy, compatible with Seven Hills philosophy and values, understands and tailors approaches to developmental needs and individual learning styles, sets high standards for self and students, and is organized, prepared, and disciplined in all responsibilities.
- Cultural Competency: Seven Hills teachers are committed to learning how to understand and interact effectively with people from other cultures and backgrounds and to learning about and utilizing culturally responsive pedagogies.
- Energy and Capacity: Seven Hills teachers demonstrate a passion for teaching; sustain high levels of energy and work ethic; regularly review content, teaching methods, and the organization of teaching material; and communicate enthusiasm for students, for teaching, and for the subjects taught.
- Maturity: Seven Hills teachers are confident and even tempered; demonstrate a zest for life and a sense of humor; work well with teaching colleagues, parents and administrators; treat all members of the community with kindness, respect, honesty and fairness; and address problems and conflicts with honesty and integrity.
- Engagement: Seven Hills teachers are fully engaged in the community; attend faculty
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Competitive salaries, benchmarked to the strongest independent schools in the Midwest.
- Generous employee benefits: robust health insurance, retirement plan, life and disability insurance.
- Significant tuition support for employee children.