There’s magic in experiencing a different culture, in speaking a new language.
With the power to break down barriers, languages open new opportunities for our children, allowing them to dream a different world.
At our school, we speak the language of connection, broadening perspective with each new lesson — preparing our children for a limitless future.
The St. Louis Language Immersion School (SLLIS) is a K-8th grade charter school located in the City of St. Louis, Missouri. Instructionally, SLLIS implements the Gomez and Gomez Dual Language Enrichment Model, which is a structured way to provide rigorous dual language instruction at the elementary level. Our students have the opportunity to learn in Chinese, French and Spanish as a regular part of their school day.
Diverse. Committed. Expert. These are just some of the words we use to describe our staff. The SLLIS Team is made up of staff members who nurture children, celebrate their successes, and empower them to take risks and grow. Overall, our staff hail from 13 countries across four continents - and speak a total of 16 languages!
Visit our website to learn more!
Must-Haves- High-priority skills and qualities
● Deep belief in anti-racism, diversity, equity, and incisiveness (mission-aligned)
● Builds relationships across dimensions of difference (cultural humility)
● Exhibits strong leadership skills (clear vision)
● Models a restorative mindset (students first mentality)
● Continuously seeks ways to improve (reflective)
● Constantly grows and develops teaching practice (lifelong learner)
● Finds creative and efficient ways to leverage resources (adaptable and solutions-focused)
SLLIS is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. We honor the experiences, perspectives, and unique
identities of everyone. Critical to our mission is creating a just, equitable and inclusive school, St. Louis community, and world. As such, we strive to maintain a compensation system free from inequities while uplifting the unique experiences of our staff.
We use a total rewards system thereby ensuring our compensation and benefits program takes a holistic approach. The compensation system at SLLIS is transparent, equitable, sustainable, and competitive in relation to the local educational market in which we serve. It offers fair and predictable compensation to ensure SLLIS is retaining top talent.
Our salaries are well-above market rate: SLLIS salaries are higher than 97% of public schools in Missouri. Your salary would be based on the highest postsecondary degree you have obtained and the number of years of experience you have. SLLIS also offers the following:
● Compressive health care package (medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life insurance)
○ Vision insurance (no cost to you)
○ Short-term disability coverage (no cost to you)
○ $25,000 life insurance (no cost to you)
● College tuition rewards program for dependents
● Eligibility for federal loan forgiveness programs
● Retirement contributions of 14.5% of annual salary and op