The Croft School is a young independent school in Providence, Rhode Island. Having opened in Fall 2018, our school currently serves 70 students in Kindergarten through Grade 2. (We are in the midst of an awesome third year!) Over time, the school will grow into a 200-student K-8 school.
The Croft School provides an engaging, innovative, child-centered program to its students and a unique parent-oriented experience to its families, all within a tight-knit, friendly, and joyous environment. Our school is diverse: students of color represent approximately 40% of our student population and 50% of our students receive tuition support, for example.
More information about our school can be found here: www.thecroftschool.org.
* 3+ years of early elementary education experience
* A contagious love for teaching, children, and nurturing students’ natural curiosity, instilling in them a lifelong passion for learning.
* An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with an ambitious work ethic, as well as a natural desire to go above and beyond to serve students and their families in both expected and unexpected ways.
* Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, inclusive of empathy for others, thoughtful listening, team-orientation, and enthusiasm for being part of a co-teaching environment.
* Ability to create a safe, joyous learning environment, inclusive of excellent classroom management strategies and skills
* Ability to design and lead targeted, small-group instruction.
* Self-reflectiveness, humility, and an eagerness to continually improve one’s practice.
* Bachelor’s Degree and current authorization to work in the United States is required.