Our school is unique in countless ways. WIDE School is Licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and has a partnership with Altitude Learning, a growing community of educators working to transform education for all students. WIDE School is a private school, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, and is in the Missouri City/Sugar Land Texas area, serving the Fort Bend area communities since 2001. WIDE is a place where children are supported as they Wonder, Investigate, Discover and Educate themselves and their community. WIDE School educates and cares for children from infancy old through middle school. Within the school's campus, there are several different departments made up of teams of educators and/or specialists in various fields. The care and programs offered:
Early Childhood Program
Infant/Toddler (0-24 months)
Preschool (3-4 years)
PreK/Bridge (4-5 years)
School Aged Program
Early Elementary (K-2)
Upper Elementary (3-5)
9th grade - High School
A project based learning teacher facilitates classroom instruction that may include some of the following characteristics:
· Student choice in designing projects
· A classroom environment that tolerates error and change
· Student research in order to access, manage and analyze information
· Student participation in defining criteria and rubrics to assess projects
· Reflection used to modify or change project direction and outcome to enhance student growth
· Listening and speaking skills are naturally incorporated in student presentation of projects enhancing questioning skills, critical thinking, collaboration and communication.
· Exploration of real world problems and challenges
· Providing additional learning opportunities for students through multiple modalities
· Work closely in a collaborative teaching team to deliver a progressive instructional plan for the day and documenting and organizing students’ learning activities on our digital platform, assisting students with subject specific assignments, etc.
·Work closely in a collaborative teaching team to provide additional logistics support, including escorting classroom students through the school, preparing snacks, etc.
·Communication with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student’s progress and interpret the school program.
·Interacts with students, staff and parents in a positive and professional manner.