Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing, public charter schools providing an outstanding K-12 education in historically under-resourced communities. We have proudly built schools that reflect our student population, with more than 60% of our teachers and staff across our network identifying as a person of color. Uncommon currently manages 53 schools serving more than 20,000 students in five cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, and Rochester. We are proud that Uncommon graduates persist in and graduate from college at five times the rate of their peers nationally. We achieve this by offering strong academic, co-curricular, and social-emotional learning that prepares students for success in college and beyond.
- A commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools and investment in our vision for being an anti-racist organization
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting students’ social-emotional and academic development
- An enthusiasm for collaborating with internal and external partners in the best interest of students
- A self-directed learner who solicits and implements feedback to improve outcomes and achieve objectives
- A demonstrated interest in impacting K-12 students in urban schools and communities (1-2 years experience preferred).
- Prior to the start of employment, you must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building an exceptional team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. We also strive to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We also ensure that individuals with disabilities receive all privileges and benefits associated with employment and are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview process and to perform core job functions.
We invest deeply in every professional at Uncommon. We proudly provide:
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Extensive professional development training
- Certification preparation and support
- Generous paid time off