Founded in 2014, Valor Collegiate Academies is one of the highest-performing public schools in the State of Tennessee. Valor operates two middle schools and one high school in South Nashville, serving students in grades 5-12. At the core of our charter school model is a comprehensive human development approach, called the Compass, which integrates a unique social-emotional learning model within our rigorous, college-ready academic program. Ranked in the top 5% of Tennessee schools for academic achievement year after year, Valor has proven that schools do not have to compromise academic results for students' comprehensive human development.
- Our teacher salary range is between $49,417 to $71,816+, and placement is based on years of lead teaching experience in a K-12 school.
- We offer comprehensive retirement and healthcare benefits
- Yearly stipend opportunities for teacher-leader roles, summer curriculum work, athletic coaching, and more
- Years of Service bonus for teachers completing 3, 5, and 7 years of service as a teacher in a Valor classroom
- Employee referral bonus program
- 8 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave
- 8 PTO days
- Access to an on-campus fitness facility
- Private nursing rooms for new moms
- Unlimited classroom supplies & school-issued laptops for all staff
- Ongoing commitment to your development as an educator
- Hybrid Pension & 401K program for teachers (5% company contribution to 401K)
- Free access to MNPS Vanderbilt Clinic
- Access to retirement counseling advisor
- Access to mental health resources