Waterside School, founded in 2001, is a co-educational Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 independent school that attracts and inspires students of academic promise and families deeply invested in their children’s success, regardless of limitations in income or circumstances. Waterside School was fully accredited by CAIS (Connecticut Association of Independent Schools) in 2008 and 2018. Waterside School works to instill in its students a belief in their own worth, to cultivate in each a commitment to academic excellence, and to ensure the fullest development of every child’s character. Through a rigorous program of study and experience, the school empowers its students with the knowledge, skills and virtues required to enable them to excel as students, to gain access to superior academic opportunities, and to go forward to become the leaders of tomorrow.
● Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
● At least three years of teaching experience
● Passionate about working with children
● Deeply committed to the School’s mission
● Demonstrates inclusive and equitable practices to ensure that all members of the community feel a sense of belonging.
● Establishes and maintains positive relationships with children and their families
● Follows community policies and procedures and models positive behavior
● Works effectively as a team member and develops professional and productive relationships with colleagues
● Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to change as needed
● Technologically literate and able to guide and direct students’ use of technology
● Promotes the development of honor, character, and leadership in all dealings with students, including enforcing school rules and ensuring all students feel safe and welcome at the school
● Pursues opportunities for professional growth on an annual basis
● Competent in all elements of instructional planning, implementation, and assessment
● Supports the middle school placement process and partners with our Director of Placement
● Attends all faculty meetings and other meetings as required
● Completes report cards and other forms of academic communication in a timely, professional manner
● Performs other duties as assigned