Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve almost 400 students in grades TK-10 and will grow to serve students through 12th grade over the next four years.
Our fully equipped science labs and makers spaces ensure students engage in hands-on learning with access to state-of-the-art technology. Our comprehensive art, music, and athletic programs provide students with the opportunity to pursue passions outside of academics, and we prioritize health and wellness as a critical life skill from outdoor classes in learning gardens and our farm-to-table cafeterias, to our on-campus student health centers. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, required
* Master's degree from an accredited college or university, preferred
* Current California teaching credential, intern eligible, waiver, preliminary
* Classroom teaching experience preferred
* Commitment to our organization's mission and educational philosophy
* An entrepreneurial spirit capable of managing many complex tasks with competing priorities
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
* Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* A self-reflective individual who solicits performance feedback and constructive criticism
* Flexible and adaptable, open to new ideas, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
* Ability to strategically and independently solve problems
* Meets professional commitments in a timely manner
* Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
* Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
* Company-paid health/vision/dental for self
* Employer contribution to CalSTRS, if applicable
* Voluntary 403b
* Positions are bonus eligible