In order to advance to the Interview / Demo phase of the hiring process, you have to pass the phone screen first. It’s simple, and we’ll show you exactly how to do it.
- The who, what, when, where, and why of the phone screen
- Prepare for your phone screen by researching the school and preparing a pitch
- Questions commonly asked during the phone screen
- Easily avoided mistakes that many teachers make
- Be sure to talk about why your experience has made you a good fit for that particular school. You want the interviewer to imagine you teaching in one of their classrooms.
- Script out your pitch or take notes to follow along during the call -- remember, they can’t see you!